|Cruise Industry Celebrates Female Leaders in Cruising on Boss’s Day
(WASHINGTON, DC, October 15, 2018) – This month, Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA), the unified voice and leading authority of the global cruise community, is inviting travelers to #ChooseCruise and celebrate the cruise industry. On Boss’s Day (October 16, 2018), CLIA is recognizing the powerful, influential women in leadership roles throughout the cruise industry.
“The cruise industry is filled with talented, female professionals leading teams to propel the industry forward every single day,” said Cindy D’Aoust, president and CEO, CLIA. “From onboard services and marketing to executive leadership, the cruise industry would not be in the successful position it is today without the women who steer this sector of the travel industry.”
From the hundreds of female CLIA-Certified Travel Agents to leading executives in top positions at cruise lines, here are some of the most notable women guiding the cruise industry:
- Kristin, Karst, AmaWaterways: AmaWaterways executive vice-president and co-owner Kristin Karst is a charismatic, entrepreneur leading her teams by example and following what she calls her four pillars for success: positive thinking, passion, partnerships and personal interaction.
- Pamela Hoffee, Avalon Waterways: In 2018, Avalon Waterways announced that Pamela Hoffee was taking the helm as Managing Director, overseeing all-things river cruising for the company. For 15 years, Pam has led product and operations for the Globus family of brands. As the NEW managing director of the company, Pam will steer this leading river cruise company into the future, supported by a team across the globe.
- Christine Duffy, Carnival Cruise Line: Carnival employs some of the most talented employees in the cruise industry, all led by President Christine Duffy who oversees more than 40,000 employees both on board and ashore across 26 ships.
- Jackie Chase & Jamie Paiko, Cunard Line: Cunard’s North American marketing team is helmed by two women: Director of Public Relations Jackie Chase and Senior Director of Marketing Jamie Paiko.
- Diane Moore, Paul Gauguin Cruises: Recognized as a leading expert in the industry, Diane Moore joined Paul Gauguin Cruises in 2010 as Executive Vice President and was later promoted to President. Diane has more than 40 years of cruise and travel experience.
- Edie Rodriguez, Ponant: Edie Rodriguez is Americas Brand Chairman and Special Corporate Advisor for PONANT, the world’s leading luxury yacht expedition cruise line. Rodriguez has over 30 years of experience in executive roles in the cruise and travel industry. In recognition of her business leadership, she was named Ernst & Young’s “Entrepreneur of The Year” in May 2017, and was selected as Luxury Daily’s “25 Luxury Women to Watch for 2017.”